Duration of residencies
You may stay from one week to 3 months, all year round, with a possible time extention subject to availability.
Applications are open to artists of all proficiencies-beginners to more advanced artists.
Allowance granted to artists
La Macina di San Cresci is not able to provide direct financial support to artists. Artists in residence are therefore expected to cover their own living expenses and the costs of their accomodation and studio space.
We are happy to assist artists seekeing grants or other forms of funding in their home country/institution, by providing letters of recommendation when the candidature is accepted.
However, we hope they will benefit from the opportunity to work in a professional supportive environment, and we make every effort to provide the necessary support to ensure that their time with us is fruitful and enjoyable.
1 week € 400, each next week € 300.
Is requested a deposit of € 200 when the applicant receives acceptation of the candidature.
Balance is due no later one month before the sojourning begins.
Deposit is non-refundable. Any cancellation must be made in writing by regular mail or email.
No reimbursement if you cancel your residency 21 days or less before the sojourning beginning.
- Housing in the historical complex of Pieve di San Cresci for the duration of the program including studio space, single room.
- Support staff for orientation and general assistance.
- Attendance to the workshop in several disciplines (when scheduled).
- Use of the facilities available at La Macina.
- Inclusion in the Yearbook and website.
- Electricity, water, Internet access.
- Linen and towels are provided. Washing machine available.
- Final housecleaning service.
- Two mountainbikes are available for free.
- An automatic car is available for a small fee.
Is NOT included:
- Heating and gas. The costs are paid cash in according to the use, the day before your departure.
- The residents are expected to pay their own travel arrangements to and from the retreat and Visa ( if necessary) , including a medical assistance. We strongly recommend that you take steps to adequately cover yourself against illness, accident, etc before leaving your home town. La Macina di San Cresci will not responsible, at any time or under any circumstances, for medical fees in case of illness, accident, etc.
- The residents are also responsible for all working materials, personal needs , meals and living costs.
Some rules and regulations must be observed in order to ensure a pleasant and efficient working atmosphere. So we request residents to mantain both the studios and the accommodation area clean and tidy as well as respect all equipment in the Centre.